Thursday, September 27, 2012

Modern & Contemporary American Poetry (ModPo) Class


I decided to take a poetry class through University of Pennsylvania, to try to improve on my own poetry writing skills. In week 3 of a 10 week course, I am questioning my own sanity.

The good thing is that the instructor is very enthusiastic, eating, sleeping, and eating "poetry." I am sure he cannot imagine that some of us have jobs and other things in life about which we care deeply... other than poetry.

Each day we must read a poem, very often listen to several author readings of the poem, and then watch a video of the instructor and teaching assistants discussing not only that poem, but others. I won't go into further detail, lest you be terminally bored.

I will continue to keep you apprised of my journey in search of the perfect poetic form....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home