Thursday, October 11, 2012

Modern & Contemporary American Poetry (ModPo) Class Update


As of this week, I am practically half-way through the 10-week course. I just realized I missed yet another video session this morning, but I was at work!

Pretty much, I am caught up with the coursework, but maybe just a little bit behind on my comprehension of certain terms. I will survive.

Why am I even taking this class? Well, firstly, I am hoping to gain a better understanding of the structure of poetry, in order to improve my own work. Secondly, even though I absolutely hate attending classes, I actually am very fond of learning. If I know something today that I didn't know yesterday, I am happy... sort of....

Unless all heck breaks loose, I expect to complete this online course with a certificate in modern American poetry from University of Pennsylvania, which I will just add to my résumé.  Who knows what is next? Another book of poetry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home