Monday, November 26, 2012

Modern & Contemporary American Poetry (ModPo) Class Update Final


Congratulations to me! I have finally completed this 10 week course, alive! I have taken away from this class some things of value, but I will not really know what I have learned until some of the answers pop up on Jeopardy!

The class was taught by very enthusiastic staff, including the instructor and the teaching assistants. But at some points, it sounded to me as though they were speaking in a foreign language... the language of poetry.

They saved one of my favorites for last. Tracie Morgan's "Afrika" is the bomb! To see an awesome live performance, follow this link: http://www.writing.upenn.edu/pennsound/x/Morris-Tucson.html.

I have already enrolled in yet another Coursera class. I am ever hopeful....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home